Watch the Video
Signals enable you to prospect based on demographic and behavioral filters of your choosing. This allows you and your team to find prospects using a consistent, repeatable criteria. Relevant signals display for all people and companies that match your criteria, which means you can easily spot your ideal prospects.
For example, if you want to consistently target companies with at least 10 million dollars in revenue and high or medium buying intent, set up a signal with that filter configuration.
You can also add talking tips to your signals to ensure your team is prepared for the right conversations with the right prospects.
Refer to the sections below to create, filter by, and locate signals for your saved contacts and accounts.
To create a signal:
- Go to the top-right corner of Apollo and select the Settings icon.
- In the Configurations section, click Signals, then Create signal.
- Choose to target People or Companies.
- Name the signal. You can also provide a description to give your team more context about its purpose.
- In the Configuration section, click Add filters. Add the filters you want, then select Save filters.
- (Recommended) Add talking tips or snippets to share or standardize information about the prospects targeted by your signal.
Custom fields means custom signalsAre you importing metrics from Salesforce or HubSpot via Apollo's integrations? Have you created and mapped your custom fields to hold that data?
If so, you can add your custom fields as filters when you create a signal.
- Click Save changes. Apollo lists your newly created signal on the signals page. It is immediately available for use as a filter when you search for people and companies.
Filter by Signals
Once you have created a signal, use it to filter your prospects:
- Go to the Search tab and click People or Companies.
- Open the Signals dropdown on the left. If you know the name of the signal you want to use, search for it directly.
- Select the signals you want to use as filters. Results populate immediately for the selected filters.
- (Optional) To reuse the same filters in future searches, select Save at the top of the filters list. For more information, see Create and Subscribe to Saved Searches.
- Click the name of a contact or company to find the signals they match.
- Scroll to the Signals & Communication Advice section. This section lives in the Overview tab for companies. Click > on a signal to view more details about it.