Your email client's rate limit could be the cause of sending delays. A rate limit impacts how many emails you can send at a given time.
To check if there is a rate limit on your emails, launch Apollo and click Engage. Then, click the Emails tab.
Hover your mouse over the right-hand side of an email to review the email status.
If you see the above rate-limited message, it means that your email client has placed a sending limit on your account.
Please note, you need to communicate directly with your email client to resolve this issue. If you use Gmail, you can find more information on how to lift the sending limit on this Google Support page.
Once you have lifted the email rate limit, Apollo sends out your delayed emails.
Please note, if you do not see this message, there may be another cause for the delay. It could be due to one of the following reasons:
- The Apollo sending limit on your account: For more information, please refer to the "Email Sending Limits Overview" article.
- Your sequence delivery schedule: For more information, please refer to the "Create and Edit Sequence Sending Schedules" article.
- Unverified emails. For more information, please refer to the "Email Status Overview" and "How do Data Requests Work?" articles.
If the issue persists, please take a look at the "Why Didn't My Email Send?" article for further information about all the possible causes for unsent emails.
Once you have resolved the issue, here are some best practices to keep in mind for the future:
- Set your sending limits lower in Apollo to account for any emails you're sending outside of Apollo.
- Set your hourly limit lower to prevent you from sending too many emails at once.
- If you want to increase your sending limits, do so in small increments. This is especially important if you have a new domain, as you need some time to build up your reputation. Once your reputation is in good standing, you can send higher volumes of emails with a lower risk of getting flagged as SPAM.
To set up your sending limits, follow the steps in the "Apollo Sending Limits" section of the Email Sending Limits Overview. Apollo recommends starting with a daily send limit of 400 and an hourly limit of 100. Then, if necessary, you can slowly increase it every week.