Is your Apollo Dialer misbehaving? Fear not! You may come across performance issues like lag or connectivity. If you start to experience any of these issues, please continue reading for some suggestions on how to find a solution.
There are some quick and easy steps you can take to try and troubleshoot Apollo Dialer issues in Google Chrome.
- Double-check that only one instance of Apollo is open in Chrome.
- Too many open tabs can result in heavy resource use on your PC. Close tabs that you don't need open.
- Make sure Chrome is up to date.
- Clear the cache.
- Perform a hard refresh on your browser with the keyboard shortcut
Command+Shift+Rfor Macs or
Ctrl+F5for PCs. This clears the cache for a specific page.
Troubleshooting is not an exact science. Unfortunately, there are many ways in which your applications could stage a rebellion. Please read Troubleshoot the Apollo Chrome Extension for more tips on getting your applications back in your good graces.
Windows and Network
If your issues with the Apollo Dialer are not related to your browser, you can try looking into your Windows and Network settings.
- Your Windows Firewall may interfere with the Apollo Dialer.
- If you can't disable your Firewall, check your Firewall configuration.
- Your Firewall needs to give outgoing User Datagram Protocol (UDP) access to the public internet from the browsers that use the dialer. It also needs to allow return traffic in response.
- If you are on a restricted network, you may have to whitelist IP addresses. Here is a list of the Apollo Dialer's fixed range of IP addresses and examples of how to specify your region in code.
- Confirm that your antivirus software is not blocking Apollo and the Apollo Dialer.
- If you use a VPN, there are 2 options:
- Apollo recommends you disconnect from your VPN when making calls.
- If you are unable to disconnect from your VPN, you need to coordinate with your engineering and/or IT team to allow Apollo permanent access via Firewall and VPN rules.
- Apollo recommends that you use a computer with at least 16GB of RAM. The Apollo Dialer needs strong resources to function properly.
- Apollo also recommends that you use a USB-based headset when making calls. The latency in a wireless headset can cause delays.