Apollo displays standard default contact and account fields you can map to Salesforce contact, lead, or account fields. You can also manually enable the "autofill" or "auto overwrite" setting for each field.
Refer to the steps below to manually map default Apollo fields to Salesforce and enable the appropriate setting.
Map Apollo Default Fields to Salesforce and Enable the Auto-Fill or Auto Overwrite Setting
To map Apollo default fields to Salesforce:
- Launch Apollo and click the integrations icon integrations icon.
- Click View in the connected Salesforce integration.
- Then, scroll to Stage and Field Mappings and click View.
- Click the Contacts, Leads, or Accounts tab depending on the record type for which you want to map the default fields to Salesforce.
One Size Fits All
Please note, the process to map Apollo default fields to Salesforce fields and enable the "autofill" or "auto overwrite" setting is the same for all record types. Follow the same instructions below to map and set up "autofill" or "auto overwrite" for contacts, leads, or accounts.
- Click View in the Default Field Mappings section.
- Use the Salesforce contact field drop-down to select the appropriate field from Salesforce. Then, click the Autofill checkbox if you want Apollo to automatically use the information within the Apollo database to fill in the field from Salesforce.
If It Ain't Empty, Don't Fill It!
Please note, Apollo can only auto-fill a default field if the Salesforce field is empty and Apollo has relevant information available.
- Alternatively, click the Auto Overwrite checkbox if you want Apollo to automatically overwrite the existing information in the field from Salesforce with the information within Apollo.
- Click Save.
Please note, manual actions always take precedence. If you manually enrich a field from the CRM Enrichment page, Apollo pushes that update even if you have disabled the "autofill" or "auto overwrite" setting for that field.
You have now manually mapped and enabled the auto-fill or auto-overwrite setting for a default Apollo field in Salesforce.
When you enable "autofill" or "auto overwrite," please keep in mind that the feature only runs every time Apollo pulls information from Salesforce. Please also note that Apollo can only auto-overwrite a default field if it has relevant information available for the field that differs from the data in Salesforce.
If you need to change or add a stage in Salesforce after you've mapped it to Apollo, make sure those changes match 1:1 with your stages in Apollo. If you delete a stage in Salesforce, remember to move the lead/contact/account information into an active stage that is in use. For more information about mapping best practices, refer to this article.
If you have additional Salesforce-related questions, visit the Salesforce section of the Apollo Knowledge Base. Or, for a general overview of how contact and account stages work in Apollo, check out this article.