Watch the Video
Emails are a powerful engagement tool. With the right messages, you can build and strengthen relationships with your customers. However, writing emails is a time-consuming business! With the Apollo AI writing assistant, create and send effective messaging to your contacts at scale to maximize your productivity and outreach.
Apollo AI generates subject lines, copy, and personalized openers for the emails you send through Apollo.
Refer to the following sections to find out how to use AI to generate content in both sequences and one-off emails.
Use Personalized Openers in Apollo Sequences
Personalization is a key component of successful email messaging. When you enable personalized openers for your emails, you can tailor each message to the specific events or information most relevant to each contact. This helps grab their attention, build rapport, and increase the likelihood of a response.
Apollo adds a personalized opener placeholder at the top of an email template. For every contact you add to your sequence, Apollo generates several options that you can choose. You can also review and edit these openers before sending, which means you can add a personal touch to your emails while significantly reducing research time.
There are currently up to 5 types of personalized openers that Apollo recommends per contact:
- Company Mission: Speak to contacts on their level with openers tailored to their core company goals and values.
- Current Role: Meet contacts where they are at with openers that relate to their current position within a company.
- Work Anniversary: Show you've done your research with timely openers that touch on a recent anniversary.
- Upcoming Anniversary: Build rapport by anticipating upcoming milestones.
- Job Focus: Tailor the start of your message to the specific areas that contacts care most about.
Currently, the Apollo AI writing assistant only speaks English. Apollo hopes to bring you a solution with polyglot powers in the future, but language learning takes time, so sit back and enjoy the English version for now.
Write Individual Emails with AI
Apollo's AI can help you write engaging and personalized emails for individual prospects too.
To write a single email using AI, go to a contact's page and click Email.
There are 3 AI-generated options that appear alongside the email draft pop-up: Write, Personalize, and Rephrase. You can use a single AI writing option or a combination of any of the 3 options, such as using a subject line generated by the Write option and a body generated by the Personalize option.
The following sections detail how to use the AI writing options.
The Write option provides you with AI-generated contented based on the company and product info that you provide. To add a subject line or body to your email, click the bubble for it and those options will populate the draft. If you want Apollo to generate a different option, click the refresh icon.
If you want the email to be more targeted to the recipient, click Edit your company/product info. Then, provide information such as pain point and value propositions that are specific to the contact.
The Personalize option enables you to select up to 3 traits that are specific to the contact or the contact's company. Apollo's AI uses the selected traits to generate email content that is personalized for the recipient.
To use the Personalize option:
- Browse the options that are available in the Company and Contact tabs.
- Click the checkbox for each trait that you want Apollo's AI to use. Then, click Next.
- Decide whether you want to generate a Personalized Opener or a Whole Email. The opener is an introductory paragraph that starts your email. You also need to provide information about your company and product that is targeted to the email recipient.
Then, click Generate.
- Based on your selection in the prior step, Apollo's AI generates multiple options for you to consider. If you generated an opener for your email, click the Copy icon and paste the text into your email draft.
If you generated a whole email, click the bubble for the subject line and body that you want to use. Apollo automatically adds them to your email draft.
With the Rephrase option, Apollo's AI rewrites secitons of your email based on guidance you provide, such as making text shorter, breaking text into bullet points, and making your email sound more professional.
To use the Rephrase option:
- Highlight the text in your email draft that you want Apollo's AI to edit.
- Select the instructions you want Apollo's AI to use, then click Rephrase text.
- Review the newly generated text. If you like the changes, click Insert text to replace your selected text directly in the email draft. You can also choose to regenerate the text if you want to consider a different option.
Watch Your AI Word Count
Your Apollo plan determines how many words you can generate with the AI writing assistant. Please refer to Apollo's pricing page for specific word counts by plan.
All the words generated by Apollo AI per user count towards your monthly limit. This includes all the words in the email copy and personalized opener options that Apollo generates for you.
Unused AI words do not roll over from 1 monthly billing cycle to the next, so make sure your team takes advantage of Apollo AI from the start of each billing cycle.
Track AI Usage
To track the number of AI words you and your team uses, launch Apollo and click Settings > AI Word Usage. From here, you can view how many AI words your team has generated within the current billing cycle and the date when the words count will reset.
On an AI roll and want to increase the number of words your team can generate per month? Click Request Upgrade from the same page in Apollo.
The Team's AI word usage history section also shows the number of AI words generated per user in your team and the date they were generated. Use the filters to review AI use by specific date ranges and users.
Try It in Apollo
Ready to get the ball rolling? Hop into Apollo Sequences and start drafting emails with the helping hand of Apollo AI!
There are certain countries, such as Russia, China, North Korea, Syria, Cuba, and Iran, where AI features are blocked. If you are based in one of these countries, you cannot currently take advantage of Apollo AI in your messaging workflow. But stay tuned. Who knows what the bright, AI-filled future might hold!