Please note, this feature is currently in Beta. If you do not have access yet, we haven't forgotten you! We're busy fine-tuning the magic formula, so stay tuned for further updates.
To help you stay compliant and give you more visibility, Apollo offers the Do Not Call (DNC) screening of direct dial numbers.
Refer to the following steps to turn on DNC screening and see the feature in action when you request a direct dial number in Apollo.
Please note, only admin users can activate DNC screening in Apollo. If you do not have access but want to turn the feature on for your team, please contact an admin.
Turn On DNC Screening For UK and US Numbers
Based in the UK and wondering what all this DNC business is about? Fear not! When you turn on the Do Not Call toggle and request a direct dial, Apollo displays the Do Not Call tag for any numbers on the US Do Not Call registry or the UK Telephone Preference Service (TPS). It's the same concept, just a different name for our friends across the pond. The steps below still apply. For more information on the DNC registry, refer to the Federal Trade Commission website. To learn more about the TPS, please refer to the TPS website.
To turn on the DNC screening of direct dial numbers for you and your team:
- Launch Apollo and then click Settings > Prospecting Config.
- Scroll to DNC list screening and click the toggle to activate it.
- You have now turned on DNC list screening in Apollo.
Direct Dial Requests
If you turn on DNC screening, Apollo runs the number against the DNC registry when you request a direct dial in Apollo. If the number is on the registry, Apollo displays a Do Not Call tag in the following 3 places:
- From the search page, when you hover your mouse over the dialer icon of a saved contact or account.
- From a contact's profile page.
- From within your active tasks.
Apollo charges 1 credit for every net new direct dial request you make, regardless of whether you turn on the DNC toggle. If you activate the toggle and a number you request is on the UK or US registry, Apollo still charges you 1 credit for the request. It is then at your discretion to decide if you call the contact or not.
DNC screening provides add-on value to help you identify which numbers are protected against telemarketing and should only be contacted for a permitted reason.
Please note, you can call any direct dial number from the Apollo dialer. However, unless you have a permitted reason to contact the prospect, Apollo advises that you do not call contacts on the DNC registry. You are responsible for ensuring that any call that you make from the Apollo dialer is compliant with law.
Request a Direct Dial in Apollo
To request a direct dial number in Apollo and identify if a number is on the DNC list:
- Launch Apollo and click Search. Then, apply filters to your search.
- Scroll to the Phone column next to a contact's details and click Request Mobile Number.
- Apollo displays the company number and initiates the verification process for the direct dial. Apollo may take a few minutes to verify the contact's mobile number.
- You have now requested a direct dial for a contact in Apollo. If Apollo finds a verified mobile number for the contact, you can view the number from the Saved tab on the search page, from their profile page, or within your active tasks. If the contact is on the UK or US registry, you will see a Do Not Call tag next to their number.
Try it Out in Apollo
Ready to take the DNC feature for a spin? There's no time like the present. Head to the Prospecting Config setting in Apollo and turn that toggle on!