Many different types of users on your team can use Apollo. Every user might have different responsibilities for their roles, which means it is important to utilize the principle of least privilege.
Permission profiles enables admins to implement access control in Apollo. By creating and assigning permission profiles, you can ensure that no users can access or alter parts of Apollo that are not relevant to their roles.
Apollo uses Admin as the default permission profile. You cannot modify most of the Admin permission profile settings.
The following sections detail how to create and assign permission profiles.
Create a New Permission Profile
To create a new permission profile:
- Launch Apollo and click Settings > Permission Profiles.
- Click New Profile.
- Enter a name for the new permission profile, then click Create.
- Enable or disable feature-level permissions in Apollo by toggling the feature sliders on or off.
- (Optional) To view and apply specific permissions, open the drop-down for each feature. Then, add permission that you want to enable for the profile and determine which users can be impacted.
Keep It on the Q.T.
Apply the Email visibility setting in the Emails section with caution. If you select can see all emails from other users, all Apollo users within your organization have access to view every other user's email activity. This includes all the emails that Apollo imports from each user's connected mailbox, whether a user sends them through Apollo or not.
If you have a large team and are concerned about email confidentiality, Apollo recommends that you select the following checkbox instead: can see outbound emails sent within the Apollo platform and replies to those emails, but not other emails. This means that users can only see the emails sent and replied to through Apollo. They do not see any other emails from your users' connected mailboxes. And voila, you've kept your team's email privacy safe and sound!
- Click Save changes.
You have now created a permission profile. Repeat this process to create more permission profiles.
Assign Permission Profiles to Existing Users
When you create a new user in Apollo, you assign a permission profile to them. However, users might change roles or require different permissions, which means you need to assign different permission profiles to them.
To assign a different permission profile to existing users:
- Launch Apollo and click Settings > Users.
- Click the checkbox for each user that you want to assign the same permission profile.
- Click the Key icon.
- Choose a permission profile, then click Save.
You have assigned a permission profile to the selected users.