Use the Chrome Extension to add Apollo functionality to your Gmail mailbox and:
- Use your Apollo templates and snippets in emails.
- Set nudges to remind yourself to follow up on emails.
- Add meeting links to emails so prospects can easily schedule meetings with you.
- Sync your email interactions from Gmail to Salesforce.
The following sections detail how to use the added Apollo functionality in your Gmail mailbox.
Use Templates and Snippets in Gmail
- Launch the Gmail mailbox that you have synced with Apollo, and then create a new email.
- Click Templates or Snippets.
- In the pop-up, click an existing template or snippet to load it. If you prefer to create a new template or snippet, click Create new.
- With the template or snippet loaded, make any edits to your email and then click Send.
Add Follow-up Reminders in Gmail
Nudges push email chains back to the top of your Gmail mailbox. This ensures that you always remember to follow up on important emails at the right time.
To set a nudge for your email:
- Launch your connected Gmail mailbox. Then, create a new email.
- Click Nudge.
- In the pop-up, choose whether you still send a follow-up email if the recipient does not reply. Then, set a time for the follow-up email to send.
- Confirm the timing of the nudge. Then, click Schedule a nudge.
- The Nudge icon changes to show a checkmark when Apollo adds a nudge to your email.
Provide Meeting Links in Gmail
Single-host meeting links are currently available to use in Gmail. This meeting type is used for one-on-one meetings with prospects.
If you want prospects to meet with you and your teammates, refer to Manage Your Meetings in Apollo to learn how to create and provide links for multi-host meeting types.
When adding meeting links in Gmail, you have 2 options:
- Provide a meeting link that allows prospects to choose any available time. The available time slots are based on your meeting settings.
- Choose specific times when prospects can book meetings. You can also block off your chosen times on your own calendar.
To provide a meeting link with general availability:
- Launch your connected Gmail mailbox, and then create a new email.
- Click Meetings.
- In the pop-up, hover over the meeting type you want to use. Then, click the link icon. If you prefer to create a new meeting type, click Create new.
- Apollo inserts the link into your email body. Make any final edits, then click Send.
To choose specific times that your prospect can schedule:
- Launch the connected Gmail mailbox, and then create a new email.
- Click Meetings.
- In the pop-up, hover on the meeting type you want to use, then click the calendar icon.
- Click the times on the calendar that you want to make available to the prospect. To prevent anyone else from booking those times on your calendar, toggle on the Reserve time slots option.
- Click Insert selected slots.
- Apollo inserts the links to your chosen times in your email body. Make any final edits to your email, then click Send.
Sync Email Interactions to Salesforce
To log emails in Salesforce, you must enable Apollo's integration with Salesforce. If you haven't already integrated, refer to Connect Apollo to Your Salesforce Account to set up the integration.
To log email interactions in Salesforce:
- Launch your connected Gmail mailbox and create a new email.
- Enter an email address. Then, click Salesforce.
- To automatically track future interactions with this email address, toggle on the Log this email to Salesforce option.
- If a Salesforce lead or contact matches the email address you entered, Apollo auto-populates them.
If there is no match, search for and select the Salesforce lead/contact you want to use to log this email exchange.
- (Optional) To track the email exchange in a Salesforce opportunity too, search for and add the opportunity in the same way.
- A green checkmark confirms that you have successfully selected the Salesforce lead/contact. Click Log email.