The data health center is available to all users no matter which Apollo plan you are on. The number of updates you can leverage depends on the credit limits within your plan.
Use the data health center to uncover your total addressable market and identify market gaps between your data and the data available in Apollo.
Refer to the following sections to best leverage the data health center and manage the dashboard settings.
Without connecting a CRM, you can use the data health center to analyze all the data saved in Apollo, including data uploaded via CSV and previous data requests from Apollo.
To gain full functionality of the data health center, connect your CRM. For more information about how to integrate Apollo with Salesforce, refer to the "Connect Apollo to Your Salesforce Account" article. To integrate Apollo with HubSpot, refer to the "Connect Apollo to Your HubSpot Account" article.
View Contact Data
The data health center shows how many of your contacts currently have accurate data. It also shows how many of the contacts with out-of-date data Apollo can enrich.
To view your contacts data:
- Go to Apollo, click Home, and then click Data health center.
- From here, you can view the data health of your contacts. The job changes graph displays the number of contacts with accurate, up-to-date job role and organization data. The missing emails graph shows how many contacts do and don't have an email address. Click
- on either graph to review the data by individual contacts.
- A graph displays the percentage of data that is up-to-date or eligible for enrichment. Scroll down the page to find a listing of individual contacts.
- You can filter the list of contacts by account segments and/or personas. To filter, click either the Select account segments or the Select personas drop-down, choose the segments or personas you want to include in the contacts list, and then click Apply.
If you want to enrich the contact data that you have viewed and filtered, proceed to the Enrich Contacts Data section.
Enrich Contact Data for Job Changes, Missing Emails
You've viewed and filtered your contacts in the data health center. Now, you want Apollo to enrich the data for those contacts. You can choose to enrich individual contacts or enrich multiple contacts at the same time.
To enrich the data for a single contact, click Fix data or Update with new email.
To enrich the data for multiple contacts:
- Click the checkbox beside the name of each contact you want to enrich. Then, click Update selected.
- You can choose to add the selected contacts to a list. For job changes, you can also choose to update the existing contact information, or to create a new contact and assign an owner to them.
- Then, click Enrich contacts. Once Apollo completes the enrichment process, the contacts you enriched disappear from the list.
The data enrichment process is complete. If you are an Apollo admin and would like to automate this process, continue to the Schedule Data Enrichment section.
Schedule Data Enrichment (Admins Only)
If you are an Apollo admin, you can schedule the data enrichment process for contacts. This automates the task of enriching contact data based on a schedule you choose. It also saves your team the hassle of repeatedly enriching contacts one at a time.
To schedule data enrichment for contacts:
- Launch Apollo and click Data enrichment.
- Click Schedule enrichment.
- Click Add new.
- Decide which type of data you want to enrich: Job change or Missing email addresses.
If you choose Job change, click the Update existing tab to update existing contacts, or click Create new to create new contacts and update the stage for the existing contact.
- Set whether the enrichment process runs on a weekly or monthly schedule, and enter the maximum number of credits you want to use each time this process runs. Then, click Next.
- Enter a name for your scheduled process.
- (Optional) If you want to use credits to enrich data for only high-priority contacts, filter the contacts that are included in your schedule process.
To filter contacts, click Add filters. Choose the filters that you want to apply, then click Apply Filters.
- If you are enriching data based on job changes and choose to create new contacts, select an owner for the new contacts created as a result of this data enrichment process. Then, set the contact stage for the outdated contacts.
- Click Schedule. A pop-up confirms that you have successfully scheduled the data enrichment process.
Your data enrichment process is now scheduled to run. If you want to adjust or delete the scheduled process, continue to the Change Schedules for Data Enrichment (Admins Only) section.
Change Schedules for Data Enrichment (Admins Only)
You've already scheduled processes for contact data enrichment, but now you want to adjust those processes or stop them from running entirely. As an Apollo admin, you can adjust every detail of your enrichment schedules.
To adjust a scheduled process and keep it running, go to the data health center and click Schedule enrichment. Then, click the pencil icon for the schedule you want to edit. From here, follow the steps in the Schedule Data Enrichment section to make your changes.
To stop a scheduled process from running, you have two choices: pause the schedule, or delete the schedule.
Pausing the schedule keeps the process available to reactivate and edit in the future. If you delete a scheduled process, it is gone forever!
To pause a schedule, go to the data health center and click Schedule enrichment. Then, click the pause icon.
To reactivate a paused schedule, return to the same place and click the resume icon.
To delete a schedule, go to the data health center and click Schedule enrichment. Then, click the trash can icon.
Uncover New Contacts and Save to Lists
Beyond identifying contacts with missing emails and job changes, the data health center also shows how many net new contacts are available compared to your current contact count. Filter this data by account segments and/or personas to uncover your addressable market, and then save the contacts to your Apollo lists.
To filter the data for net new contacts and save them to lists:
- Launch Apollo and click Data enrichment.
- Scroll down to the total available contacts section. Here, you can filter the data displayed by account segments and/or personas. To filter, click either the Select account segments or the Select personas drop-down, choose the segments or personas you want to include in the contacts list, and then click Apply.
- Click Preview contacts.
- Enter the name of the list that you want to add contacts to, and then click the checkbox for each persona you want to add to the chosen list. The personas you select must have less than 50,000 contacts combined. Then, click Confirm.
Manage the Settings
From the data health center in Apollo, you can:
- Use account segments to filter the contacts in the data health center and better determine your data coverage.
- (Admins only) Confirm that data is syncing appropriately to a connected CRM, pull data from the CRM, and disconnect the CRM.
- Create and target different personas.
To set up account segments and use them to filter data in the data health center:
- Click the Dashboard settings drop-down, then Account segments. In the account segment settings pop-up, you can manage existing account segments, and create new account segments.
- (Optional) To create a new account segment, click Create account segment. Give it a name, add filters, and then click Save Account Segment.
- Toggle an account segment's slider on/off to enable or disable a segment in the data health center. Then, click the X in the top-right corner to return to the data health center.
- To filter data using your account segments, click the Select account segments drop-down. Click the checkbox for the segments you want to use, and then click Apply. Apollo immediately filters the data in the total available contacts section based on your selections.
CRM Connection (Admins Only)
To manage your CRM connection in the data health center, click the Dashboard settings drop-down, then CRM connection.
From here, you can check if all the data from your CRM has correctly synced with Apollo.
To pull data from your CRM:
If you disconnect your CRM, you can no longer access data health center features in Apollo. To disconnect a CRM, click the additional options (...) button, then Disconnect from CRM.
To make changes to your mapped fields, click Fields mapping. Edit the mapped fields, and then click Save.
Personas (Admins Only)
To manage your personas in the data health center:
- Toggle a persona's slider on/off to enable or disable a persona in the data health center.
- The data and filtering options available to you adjust based on changes you make to personas. For example, if you enable a persona, Apollo automatically compares the data in your connected CRM with the data in Apollo for the specific records that meet the criteria of that persona. Apollo then displays the results in the total available contacts section and adds the persona as an option for filtering that graph.